Especially for Students
How do you measure success?
- The Patterson School of Accountancy has been nationally ranked in the Public Accounting Report (the primary national accounting ranking) every year since 2005, achieving top 20 rankings each year since 2008.
- Virtually 100 percent of our master’s graduates are placed in well-paying jobs, and many students have employment offers as early as 15 months before they graduate.
- Ole Miss alumni work for leading international accounting firms and Fortune 500 companies. They also own small (and not-so-small) businesses, and head government and not-for-profit agencies. The diverse careers of our graduates reveal the extraordinary ways this degree proves valuable. Accounting truly is the language of business.
- The Patterson School of Accountancy is known for its tradition of teaching excellence and commitment to students. This commitment is alive and well today, and several current accountancy faculty have won the university-wide Outstanding Teacher Award.
- The Patterson School of Accountancy has a formal internship program that gives senior-level students real-world practical accounting experience and fosters relationships between students and employers. Our program places Ole Miss accountancy students in internships throughout the state, region and nation.
- The Patterson School of Accountancy offers a CPA review course, which gives students a structured environment to study and sit for the exam during their last semester in the graduate program. Recent participants in this program have won gold, silver and bronze medals for their performance on the CPA exam.
- The university and School of Accountancy are home to the National Library of the Accounting Profession (the former AICPA Library). This library is a great source of national visibility, and accounting scholars from around the world travel to the UM-Oxford campus to conduct research using our prestigious collections.