You may apply up to a year in advance of the time that you’d like to begin master’s classes.
Each master’s program requires 10 three-hour classes (30 total hours) taken on the Oxford campus. You can complete your master’s degree in 10-12 months.
Full-time enrollment for master’s students is 9-12 hours in fall and spring semesters. Master’s students also take classes in the summer, and taking a class in winter intersession is an option for some students (determined by electives chosen). Degree requirements as well as the starting term and electives that you choose will inform how classes are placed on your degree plan during the advising process.
- February 1 – Priority Deadline 1 to apply and be considered for Patterson School of Accountancy financial aid awards
- Available PSOA graduate assistantships will be offered to applicants with an admission score of 1350 or above (admission score = (200 x GPA) + GMAT)
- Available scholarships and fellowships will be offered to applicants who meet specified award criteria
- April 1 – Priority Deadline 2 to apply and be considered for Patterson School of Accountancy financial aid awards
- If available, remaining PSOA graduate assistantships will be offered to applicants with the highest admission scores
- If available, remaining PSOA scholarships and fellowships will be offered to applicants who meet specified award criteria
- May 1 – Deadline to apply for all summer terms
- August 1 – Deadline to apply for fall semester
- December 1 – Deadline to apply for winter intersession and spring semester
To be considered for graduate assistantships, scholarships, and fellowships awarded by the PSOA, you must complete the PSOA Financial Aid Application. You will be given access to that application once you’ve completed the admission application process.
Choosing Your Starting Term
To register for master’s classes, you must be admitted to the master’s program and have completed your undergraduate degree, with the degree that you earned listed on your official transcript.
These semesters and terms are available to choose as your starting term in the application process: fall semester, winter intersession, spring semester, May intersession, full summer term (includes first summer term and second summer term), and August intersession. Dates for all semesters and terms are listed on the academic calendar.
Master of Accountancy & Data Analytics and Master of Taxation & Data Analytics students are required to take ACCY 628 in May intersession or August intersession; we recommend taking that class at the beginning rather than the end of your master’s studies.
University of Mississippi Undergraduates
Your undergraduate degree will be certified once final grades are posted for your last undergraduate class(es).
If you will be taking your last undergraduate classes in spring semester and will be a May graduate, your starting term for the master’s program can be May intersession or any term after.
If you will be taking your last undergraduate class(es) in the summer and will be an August graduate, your starting term for the master’s program can be the term after you take your last undergraduate class or any term after that.
If you will be taking your last undergraduate classes in fall semester and will be a December graduate, your starting term for the master’s program can be winter intersession or any term after.
Undergraduates at Other Institutions
Contact your registrar if needed to find out when the undergraduate degree that you’ve earned will be listed on your transcript and when an official copy can be sent to the graduate school at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to choose a starting term that begins after the graduate school will receive your official transcript.
- Complete the graduate school application, which requires you to enter basic information, select your master’s program, select your starting term for the program, and pay the $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- If you not a current University of Mississippi student or graduate, have your official undergraduate transcript sent to email@example.com. You do not need to send junior or community college transcripts.
- If required (or needed for graduate assistantship consideration), send your GMAT score to the Patterson School of Accountancy via your mba.com account. You only need to send your GMAT score for one program. We will have your score on file, even if you apply for another master’s program.
- If you’re an international student, have your official English language proficiency exam scores sent to the university unless you are a citizen of a country on the exemption list or graduated from an institution in one of those countries
- Minimum required English language proficiency exam score(s) if you did not earn your undergraduate degree in the U.S.; citizens of countries on the exemption list and students who graduated from institutions in those countries are not required to submit scores
Questions about applying? Please contact Dr. Jennifer McClure, Director of Master’s Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 915-1675.