You may apply up to a year in advance of the time that you’d like to begin master’s classes.
Each master’s program requires 10 three-hour classes (30 total hours) taken on the Oxford campus. You can complete your master’s degree in 10-12 months.
Full-time enrollment for master’s students is 3-4 classes (9-12 hours) in fall and spring semesters. Generally, 2-3 classes are taken outside of fall and spring semesters, with 1-3 of those in the summer. Taking a class in winter intersession is an option for some students (determined by electives chosen). Degree requirements as well as the starting term and electives that you choose will inform how classes are placed on your master’s program degree plan.
- December 1, 2023 – Deadline to apply for Winter Intersession and Spring Semester 2024
- February 1, 2024 – Priority Deadline 1 to apply for a 2024 summer term, Fall Semester 2024, Winter Intersession 2025, or Spring Semester 2025 and be considered for Patterson School of Accountancy financial aid awards
- PSOA graduate assistantships will be offered to applicants with an admission score of 1350 or above (admission score = (200 x GPA) + GMAT)
- Scholarships and fellowships will be offered to applicants who meet specified award criteria
- April 1 – Priority Deadline 2 to apply for a 2024 summer term, Fall Semester 2024, Winter Intersession 2025, or Spring Semester 2025 and be considered for Patterson School of Accountancy financial aid awards
- Any remaining PSOA graduate assistantships will be offered to applicants with the highest admission scores
- Any remaining PSOA scholarships and fellowships will be offered to applicants who meet specified award criteria
- May 1, 2024 – Deadline to apply for all 2024 summer terms
- August 1, 2024– Deadline to apply for Fall Semester 2024
- December 1, 2024 – Deadline to apply for Winter Intersession and Spring Semester 2025
To be considered for graduate assistantships, scholarships, and fellowships awarded by the PSOA, you must complete the PSOA Financial Aid Application. You will be given access to that application once you’ve completed the admission application process.
Choosing Your Starting Term
To register for master’s classes, you must be admitted to the master’s program and have completed your undergraduate degree, with the degree that you earned listed on your official transcript.
These semesters and terms are available to choose as your starting term in the application process: fall semester, winter intersession, spring semester, May intersession, full summer term (includes first summer term and second summer term), and August intersession. Dates for all semesters and terms are listed on the academic calendar.
Master of Accountancy & Data Analytics and Master of Taxation & Data Analytics students are required to take ACCY 628 in May intersession or August intersession; we recommend taking that class at the beginning rather than the end of your master’s studies.
University of Mississippi Undergraduates
Your undergraduate degree will be certified once final grades are posted for your last undergraduate class(es).
If you will be taking your last undergraduate classes in spring semester and will be a May graduate, your starting term for the master’s program can be May intersession or any term after.
If you will be taking your last undergraduate class(es) in the summer and will be an August graduate, your starting term for the master’s program can be the term after you take your last undergraduate class or any term after that.
If you will be taking your last undergraduate classes in fall semester and will be a December graduate, your starting term for the master’s program can be winter intersession or any term after.
Undergraduates at Other Institutions
Contact your registrar if needed to find out when your completed undergraduate degree will be listed on your transcript and when an official copy can be sent to the graduate school at email@example.com. Be sure to choose a starting term that begins after the graduate school will receive your official transcript.
- Complete the graduate school application, which requires you to enter basic information, select your master’s program, select your starting term for the program, and pay the $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- If you are a current student or graduate of an institution other than the University of Mississippi, have your official undergraduate transcript sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not need to have junior or community college transcripts sent.
- If required for admission, send your GMAT score to the Patterson School of Accountancy via your mba.com account.
- If you’re an international student, have your official English language proficiency exam scores sent to the university unless you are a citizen of a country on the exemption list or graduated from an institution in one of those countries.
If the GMAT is waived for your admission but you plan to take it for PSOA graduate assistantship consideration, you can have your score sent when you apply or have it sent so that we receive it by one of the priority application deadlines.
Complete the Master’s Program Information Request Form to receive information via email and postal mail.
Questions about applying? Please contact Dr. Jennifer McClure, Director of Master’s Programs, at email@example.com or (662) 915-1675.