Associated Accounting Student Body
The purpose of Associated Accounting Student Body is to familiarize students with the accounting profession, enhance understanding between faculty and students, work with the administration in all matters affecting the welfare of accounting students, and promote the School of Accountancy and all of its programs. Any student who is duly registered in the School of Accountancy pre-accountancy or professional programs, or any student who is duly registered in the graduate program specializing in accountancy, shall be deemed an eligible member of this organization.
Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi is a national scholastic and professional fraternity for financial information students and professionals. The primary objective of the fraternity is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social and public responsibility. Visit bap.org for the national BAP website.
National Association of Black Accountants
The mission of NABA is to address the professional needs of people of color and to build leaders that shape the future of the accounting profession with an unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in their successors. The goals of NABA include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To promote and develop the professional skills of our members
- To encourage and assist minority students entering the accounting profession
- To provide opportunities for members to fulfill their civic responsibilities
- To promote public confidence in our members and the services they provide
- To encourage cordial relations among members and cooperative relationships with other professionals
- To represent the interests of current and prospective minority accounting professionals
A student chapter of NABA was started at the University of Mississippi in the fall of 2013.