Associated Accountancy Student Body
The purpose of the Associated Accountancy Student Body is to familiarize students with the accounting profession, enhance understanding between faculty and students, work with the administration in all matters affecting the welfare of accounting students, and promote the Patterson School of Accountancy and all of its programs. All students who are enrolled in Patterson School undergraduate and graduate programs are members of the Associated Accountancy Student Body.
Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi is a national scholastic and professional fraternity for financial information students and professionals. The primary objective of the fraternity is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service, and association among members and practicing professionals; and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
National Association of Black Accountants
The mission of the National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) is to address the professional needs of people of color and to build leaders that shape the future of the accounting profession with an unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in their successors. The student chapter of NABA was started at the University of Mississippi in the fall of 2013. The goals of NABA include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To promote and develop the professional skills of our members
- To encourage and assist minority students entering the accounting profession
- To provide opportunities for members to fulfill their civic responsibilities
- To promote public confidence in our members and the services they provide
- To encourage cordial relations among members and cooperative relationships with other professionals
- To represent the interests of current and prospective minority accounting professionals.